Security Providers Association of Australia Limited is a leading approved national security industry association. We have been providing friendly, helpful support to our members for over 40 years.
All of our SPAAL members enjoy numerous benefits and have access to many special offers. Apart from the fantastic benefits, other reasons businesses join SPAAL are:
- Support to help run your business
- Business information
- Promote your business
- Industry leadership and representation
- Networking and professional development
Membership is available to all security service providers throughout Australia. In today’s highly regulated security industry it is imperative for licence holders’ to fully understand their compliance obligations, achieving and maintaining compliance and being able to dedicate the time and resources to the growth of their business.
Our ongoing theme is EDUCATION, COMPLIANCE and GROWTH.
As a member of SPAAL you have access to a number of benefits and special offers which will help move your business forward.
To find out more about the benefits and special offers, you can have a look at our Member Benefits section. Some of the benefits and special offers include:
- Security Providers Association Member Events
- Exclusive offers for Security Industry insurance through our partner Ausure
- Expert legal services in NSW, QLD and VIC
- Vehicle discounts
If you would like to join SPAAL today it is as easy as filling our online form and submitting it to us with your relevant documentation.
Our online application form can be found in the Join Us section, or alternatively you can also download the form and send it back to us via post or fax.
For security firms that operate in Queensland only, please download the Queensland Security Firm Application Form.
if you operate in other States, please complete the online application or download an application form.
Either way we look forward to welcoming you to SPAAL!
If you would like to renew your SPAAL membership, you can do so in our Membership renewal section! It is as simple as completing the online form.
Please remember that all SPAAL memberships runs for a year starting on the 1 July – 30 June. If you have any questions regarding your membership renewal please do not hesitate to contact us.
We endeavour to build lasting relationships with all of our members and hope to have you as part of the organisation.
Support to help run your business
- Access to free professional workplace relations over the phone
- Legal advice and professional legal services
- Business templates, policies and other publications
- Exclusive discounted insurance scheme through AUSURE
- Discounted vehicle purchase and service plans
- Online store for the purchase of security equipment and products
- Alarm Monitoring Centre Certification Scheme
- Compliance Inspection Scheme
- Security E News newsletter
- Latest industry news and information from the SPAAL website
- Regular updates on licensing and regulatory changes
- Updates on workplace relations, health and safety and other compliance issues
- Award pay rates and schedules updates
- Member Area with a range of industry information, business forms and templates
Promote your business
- SPAAL Corporate members can use the SPAAL logo on their websites, emails, promotional material, premises and vehicles
- Promotion of SPAAL members to consumers
- Business listing on the SPAAL website member directory for corporate members
Industry leadership and representation
- Approved Security Industry Association in Queensland, Victoria and the Australian Capital Territory
- Advocacy to Federal and State Governments on industry issues
- Development of standards, codes and best practice guidelines
Networking and professional development
- Regular industry updates at breakfast briefings and other industry events
- Continuing Professional Development program