New Australian Video Surveillance Standards for use in Security Applications
Adopted from IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission) standards with the same titles. Australia is an IEC participant in the technical committee TC79 with local experts contributing to the development of these standards.
- AS/NZS 62676 Part 1-1:System requirements – General.
- AS/NZS 62676 Part 1-2:System requirements – Performance requirements for video transmission.
- AS/NZS 62676 Part 2-1:Video transmission protocols – General requirements.
- AS/NZS 62676 Part 2-2:Video transmission protocols – IP interoperability implementation based on HTTP and REST services.
- AS/NZS 62676 Part 3:Analog and digital video interfaces.
- AS/NZS 62676 Part 4:Application guidelines.
- AS/NZS 62676 Part 5:Data specifications and image quality performance for camera devices.
Adoption of IEC60839 Access Control Standard
Standards Australia has finalised the adoption of the IEC 60839 series for access control.
The standard will be known as AS/NZS IEC 60839.11.1:2019and IEC 60839.11.1:2013 (Part 11.1: Electronic access control systems – System and components; Part 11.2: Electronic access control systems – Application Guidelines).
The standard (i) specifies the minimum functionality, performance and test methods for electronic access control systems and components and (ii) defines different security grades and the functionalities of the access system associated with each of these grades.
- AS/NZS IEC 60839.11.1:2019 Part 11.1: Electronic access control systems – System and components
- AS/NZS IEC 60839.11.2:2019 Part 11.2: Electronic access control systems – Application Guidelines
- AS/NZS 2201.1:2007 Intruder alarm systems—Client’s premises—Design, installation, commissioning and maintenance
- AS 2201.2:2004 Intruder alarm systems—Monitoring centres
- AS 2201.3:1991 Intruder alarm systems—Detection devices for internal use
- AS/NZS 2201.5:2008 Intruder alarm systems—Alarm transmission systems
- AS 2201.4-1990/Amdt 1-1990Intruder alarm systems – Wire-free systems installed in client’s premises
- AS 4806.1-2006 Closed circuit television (CCTV)– Management
- AS 4806.2-2006 Closed circuit television (CCTV)– Application guidelines
- AS 4806.3-2006 Closed circuit television (CCTV)– PAL signal timings
- AS 4806.4-2008 Closed circuit television (CCTV)– Remote video
SAI Global produces the Communications Cabling Manual. The manual contains the mandatory cabling standards (including the Wiring Rules) as well as a number of explanatory handbooks. The latest version of the manual was released in June 2007. Go to SAI Global
Copies of the below Standards can be downloaded from the Communications Alliance website free of charge:
- AS/CA S009:2013 Installation Requirements for Customer Cabling (Wiring Rules)
- AS/CA S008:2010 Requirements for customer cabling products
Guide to standards
SAI Global has produced a Guide to Workplace Health and Safety Standardswhich also includes Security Standards.