The SPAAL is an approved security industry association for security licensing in Queensland, Victoria and the Australian Capital Territory and a Victorian Security Industry Advisory Council member.
SPAAL has lodged a submission in response to the Victorian Government review into the Private Security Industry for legislative or practice reforms of the Private Security Act 2004 and the Private Security Regulations 2016.
The review of the Private Security Act provides an opportunity to address issues relating to;
- Sham contracting and the exploitation of workers (individual ABN holders).
- Implementation of subcontracting licensing requirements in security legislation to regulate subcontracting on multiple levels.
- Ensuring effective regulatory enforcement in the delivery of training
- Address poor literacy and numeracy skills with the implementation of a consistent LLN pre-enrolment assessment test.
- More effective regulatory enforcement by government agencies.
- Uniform and consistent security licensing requirements.
- Review of Continuing Professional Development
SPAAL is supportive of the Victorian Private Security Industry Review and looks forward to working with government to advance the professionalism of the industry and to deliver positive outcomes for the community and all key stakeholders.