From 1 December 2018, modern awards will include new rules about requests for flexible work arrangements.
Before responding to a request from an eligible employee, an employer must first discuss the request with the employee to try to reach an agreement about a change to their working arrangements. Requests can only be refused on reasonable business grounds. If employers refuse a request, they need to provide the employee with a written response.
- Requests for flexible working arrangements
- Termination of employment
- consultation about major workplace change
- consultation about changes to rosters or hours of work
- dispute resolution
- individual flexibility arrangements
The amended clauses can be viewed via the following links: