News & Security Advice

Major Changes to NSW Workers Compensation

icare is the new State Government authority that administers Workers Compensation in NSW. icare now handle all policy underwriting and billing – meaning clients will receive renewal documentation directly from icare and they must pay icare directly.

Insurers, acting as agents for the scheme now only take care of claims handling. However, CGU and QBE are not renewing their agreements at the end of the year meaning the number of insurer “agents” will be reduced to: Allianz, Employers Mutual Limited and GIO.

Any employers with policies with CGU and QBE will be transferred to one of the above, for claims handling.

Members can obtain further information at