The SA government is reviewing security legislation in accordance with the COAG requirements for national harmonisation of security licensing.
- bringing in a security industry trainers licence (guarding only), and that requiring training providers be approved;
- revision of licence eligibility criteria; and
- transition to new nationally agreed licensable security (guarding) activities.
Future proposals also being considered are:
- temporary (special events/visitors) licences; and
- a revised approach to licences restricting employees to work under supervision.
For further information visit the Office of Business and Consumer Affairs website.